Below is the list of compatible filters that can be used in your gravity fed system:
As a company we used to be a dedicated Propur dealer until we were contacted by the certification authority NSF International (nsf.org) with some duplicitous news about their filters.
Our business was set up with the Mission Statement of providing goods that are “SIMPLY GOOD FOR YOU!”. In all good consciousness when we received the following email from NFS we could no longer support what is, to all intent and purpose, fraudulent claims:
From NSF International (nsf.org):
Thank you for contacting NSF International. Their claim is the product has been “Tested to meet” these standards. This is not a claim of NSF International certification.
We did not certify the Propur system; however we did certify the ProOne filters for safety of the materials to be in contact with drinking water:
We did not verify the Propur filter’s performance to reduce any contaminants or the rest of the system for its safety and structural integrity.
If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.
Thank you for your message,
Mindy Costello, RS MS
Consumer Information, Communications
T +1 800 673 8010 E email@example.com
NSF International | nsf.org
789 N. Dixboro Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105 USA
Information obtained from NSF International:
- THE FILTERS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED.
- ONLY THE COMPONENTS PASS PREVIOUS TESTS.
- OTHER PARTS IN PROPUR SYSTEMS NULIFY ANY PROPUR CLAIM, E.G. HAVE THE SPIGOTS BEEN TESTED?
- TO CLAIM PROPUR SYSTEMS MEET NFS STANDARDS IS UNDENIABLY FALSE.
- PROPUR ARE AWARE OF THIS INFORMATION.
Further investigations have uncovered more double speak by Propur. Propur claim their filters are the result of “proprietary research”.
This is incorrect.
Propur ProOne G2.0, despite the fancy name, are purchased from KLT Filters Limited and subsequently badged as Propur filters. KLT filter do not have NFS certification therefore neither do Propur.
Ask the CEO of Propur and he will tell you Propur filters are manufactured in the UK. As ALL KLT filters are manufactured in China, something the CEO of Propur is well aware of, the claim is simply another attempt to mislead the buying public by making out their product is something it is not.
Coldstream have recently appeared on the market. We investigated their product as a replacement to our Propur offerings. This was until we looked into the ownership. Coldstream is owned and operated by the son of the owner of KLT Filters Limited. It is not surprising the filters look very much like ProOne G2.0 filters simply because they are the same filters!
Thorough and detailed research have led us to the only water filter filters that have been tested and pass NFS standards truly delivering fresh clean water for all your needs.
- Doulton is borrowed from nature and returned naturally after 6 months
- Doulton is a non substrate unlike most other filters
- NSF tested so that means the filter adds nothing to the water
- UK brand – 200 years old in 2026 – UK made
- Takes out all of the baddies in the water from lead to chlorine and bacteria to bad taste
- The pores are 100 times thinner than a follicle of hair
- Bottled water from your tap without the micro plastics
We strongly recommend you consider seriously the benefits of Doulton filters before you buy systems or replacement filters. Apart from the information that we have acquired, you will be paying considerably less for a far higher quality product.